Why Move It B Physical Therapy
- We believe our patients deserves quality one-one-one time with our therapist.
- We DO NOT allow insurance to dictate how to treat our patients neither do we allow insurance to persuade our decision making for our patient’s plan of care.
- We DO NOT rely heavily on modalities such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat, ice, etc.
- Our therapist have extensive training and utilize the most up-to-date treatment approach to get our patients back to where they want to be.
- We provide sports specific care. Whether you are a Triathlete or CrossFitter, WE TREAT ALL ATHLETES.
- We provide a hands on approach to customize your treatments.
Dr. Brian Nguyen PT, DPT
Dr. Nguyen has been surrounded by sports all his life. He coached and played tennis at the national level, where he realized he wanted to become a Physical Therapist after an injury that ended his career. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology with a concentration in Health Fitness from The University of Texas in 2015.
He then went on to complete his Doctorate in Physical Therapy at the University of the Incarnate Word in 2018. Shortly after, Dr. Nguyen completed the Sports Residency program at Houston Methodist – Sugar Land. Dr. Nguyen has multiple certifications including Dry Needling (Institute for Athlete Regeneration) and Blood Flow Restrictions (Owens Recovery Science). Dr. Nguyen has experience working with professional athletes across all major sports. Because of his special expertise in multiple disciplines and unique experiences, he is able to provide quick, effective, and quality results to meet his patients needs.
When Dr. Nguyen is not in the clinic, he enjoys playing sports, traveling, trying new restaurants, and spending time with his wife, daughter, and two dogs (Truffle and Ziggy).
Joseph Wei, LMT
Joseph played and competed in various sports growing up, including soccer, basketball, and swimming, before falling in love with tennis. He played throughout high school and college. Till this day, Joseph continues to play league tennis. In 2015, he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance from the University of Texas at Austin.
After 6 years in finance and consulting roles, Joseph was looking for a change. Coincidently, a shoulder injury coincided with this period. A chance encounter with Brian and a few therapy sessions later, Joseph knew he wanted to become a physical therapist. Joseph is currently enrolled at the university of Houston majoring in Kinesiology and plans to apply to a doctoral physical therapy program in 2023. Joseph is currently a license massage therapist who treats clients with acute/chronic pain and sports related injuries.
When Joseph is not in the clinic, he enjoys playing tennis, cooking, exploring the world, and spending time with family and friends.